10 Things Every Voter Should Know
- Remember your name must be on the electoral register in order to Vote. The registration form is available from your local authority, post office, garda station or library.
- If you are not sure you are registered you can check with your local authority or on the website www.checktheregister.ie
- If you are registered or have been registered also check with your local authority, as some people’s names have ‘fallen’ off the register
- If you have moved house since you last voted – update your details with your new local authority and/or electoral area.
- Remember after the age of 18 your children or anyone in your family, are now entitled to Vote. Complete the form and encourage them to vote.
- Become acquainted with the candidates and issues on the ballot
- If you meet a candidate in a public place or he/she comes to your door canvassing for your Vote – be sure to raise your issues of concern with them.
- Follow media coverage and local media but keep an open mind!
- On polling day - know where your polling station is and know what time the polls open and close
- On Election day – Go out and Vote, Encourage others to Vote and use your Vote Wisely!